Greetings from MALA,
We are happy to inform you all that MALA is going to organize a programme,to Honour the Best Librarian / Teacher Award, Best Young Librarian/ Teacher Award/Best Retired Librarian / Teacher Award/Ph.D Awardees/ NET/SET holders/ Retired professionals / Teachers and Organisers of programmes on 15.05.2017 at CHENNAI.
Those LIS professionals / Teachers are requested to fill in the form enclosed herewith and to send back along with your recent digital colour passport size photo on or before 15.05.2017 Your timely response would be helpful for designing the certificate and arrangements. Entries received after the last date will not be accepted. Also the awardees should confirm your participation for the function. As MALA has decided that only those who come in person will be honoured. So don’t miss the chance by absenting yourself. Please do not apply if you are not able to attend the function.
There is no any registration fee. You may arrange your own conveyance to reach the venue. The function will be announced soon.
Venue and other details will be sent in detail later.
The eligibility and the other details are given in the application form.
1 Applicant/Nominee should be a citizen of India/Member of MALA and his/her conduct must be good.
2.The applicant should be a working library professional who holds at least Bachelors degree in library science or its equivalent.
3.Interested professionals / Teachers should apply in the prescribed application form only
4.Nomination can be self or by a responsible library professional / Teacher
5.Give full details for each category and attach support documents for verification
6. Enclose separate sheets wherever necessary to give details
7. Applications without full details and support documents will be rejected
9.Filled application should reach the office on or before 15.05.2017
10. The decision of the committee constituted by MALA to select the candidate for the award is final.
11.Award Committee has the right to post-pone or cancel the award for any unavoidable reason.
12.All correspondence should be addressed to the Convener, MALA Award Committee, MALA, Chennai, may be sent to the Convener at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
1. Library Professionals / Teachers working any where in India can apply for the award Best Librarian Award (National Level) .
2. Library professionals / Teachers working in Tamilnadu/Puducherry only can apply for the awards Best Librarian Award (40 – 60 years)
3. Library professionals / Teachers working in Tamilnadu/Puducherry only can apply for the awards Best Young Librarian Award (Below 40 years)
4. Librarian / Teachers Retired with Outstanding service/Experiences from Tamilnadu and Puducherry can apply for Best Retired Librarian / Teacher Award.
5. Librarians / Teachers who have successfully completed SET/NET/Ph.D /Retired LIS Professionals after January 2011 can apply for Life Time Achievement Award
For further queries you may contact the MALA office bearers or programme coordinators as mentioned below.
Dr. K. Nithyanadam : 9444337936
Dr. R. Pandian : 9444350003
Dr. K. Sangeetha : 9952031599
Dr. J. Lalitha : 9941080144
5. Award for Ph.D/Net/Set holder /Retired LIS Professionals / Teachers after January 2011 (Tamilnadu and Puducherry)