From its beginning, the farsightedness of its founders was such that, the activitties were planned in association with other professionals including non library institutions and individuals. Although the membership is open to those interested in books and information activities, it now comprises almost entirely of qualified information professionals.
The categories of membership are:
- Student Member -- Rs. 500/=. Students need to upgrade their membership by paying additional Rs. 500/- once their education are over.
- Life Member -- Rs. 1000/- (Any person can become a life member of MALA but person not belonging to library profession will be considered as Associate Member.)
- Institutional Member -- Rs. 3000/=
Privileges of Membership
Members of the Association shall be entitled to the following privileges:
- presence and participation in all general body meetings as well as meetings of the sectional committee to which they belong. Further, they may attend annual conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. that may be organised by the Association from time to time.
- eligibility to propose, stand and vote in the election to any elective office of the Association.
Note: Associate Members are entitled to the privilege mentioned in (1) only.
Join MALA via Online - Click here